Here is some useful advice for a good and succesful holiday in Sardinia
Eating and drinking in Sardinia
- Lunch is usually from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- In the evening you can eat from 8 p.m.
- Service is included in the price.
- Receipts and bills must be kept within a 300 m distance from the bar/restaurant/pizza place, in case the Revenue Guards Corps (Guardia di Finanza) check, otherwise you could be fined (up to over 1000€).
Travelling by car in Sardinia
- There are no motorways.
- The speed limit along the Carlo Felice (SS 131) is 90 kph, but it goes down to 50 kph in some parts.
- Along provincial roads (SP) the speed limit is 80 kph.
- Inside built-up areas and towns the speed limit is 50 kph.
- The alcohol limit is 0.8. There are severe fines for drunk drivers.
- The road system in Sardinia is not excellent, but is definitely improving.
- If you drive slowly, avoid causing traffic jams and queues, you may risk a fine. Be careful when overtaking, especially along the road from Cagliari to Villasimius and on the SS125.
- Avoid the hottest hours, always leave on time.
- Remember that a loaded car is less stable, and the braking distance is longer>>drive carefully.
- Good manners and respect help us to live in harmony, especially in the summertime :-)