10 ideas to spare up
Rent Sardinia suggests 10 ideas to make the most of your holiday in Sardinia and spare money in a smart way
1) Rent your house for a longer period and share expenses with a friend of yours: you may spare up to 400/500 euros. Also consider that monthly prices are usually more convenient.
2) If possible, opt for a low-cost flight, and rent a car here in Sardinia. There are actually many new low-cost flights to Sardinia (please see low-cost page) that are often cheaper than ferries.
3) Ferries: Tirrenia is not the only one: there are also other companies like Moby lines, Sardinia ferries, GNV%u2026. . Compare different prices: Moby Lines, in particular, makes very good fares (see ferries page)
4) Change your holiday period from August into June or July. In any case, try to avoid the central weeks of August, which are normally the most expensive.
5) Go for less known seaside locations, like Ogliastra, Cardedu, Barisardo, Solanas, Costa Rei, Torre delle stelle. A few km further, prices are higher (San Teodoro, Costa Smeralda, Villasimius).
6) Choose a house slightly far from the sea: you can spare up to 50% and enjoy the seaside anyhow.
7) Eat in a few times more.
8) Do the shopping at your arrival, by going to big shopping centres in the main towns of Sardinia (Cagliari, Sassari, Olbia). Buy fresh local products (possibly directly from producers).
9) Rent a house at the seaside: it's larger and lets you bring together many family units, share expenses, cook whatever you want when you want. Also, you pay per house, not per person. Some of Rent Sardinia houses cost less (per person) than campings.
10) Rent a house from a reliable agency, that works on the owners' behalf. Our commissions are actually paid us by owners, who give us part of what they gain in exchange for the services we provide.
Holidays are a good that cannot be renounced, for oneself, but especially for the others' sake, particularly children, whose staying at the seaside helps them to develop their active and psychic skills, besides strengthening their defences from seasonal illnesses (such as colds ecc..)
This year renting a house at the seaside in Sardinia will be more convenient.