INFO ON THE LOCALITY > SOLANAS
just to have an idea. If you rent with RS you will receive via e-mail a guide with more info on Solanas
- where: south, Sarrabus
- town: Sinnai (CA)
- nearest airport: Cagliari-Elmas 42 km
- nearest port: Cagliari 36 km
:: The beaches from west to east (approx. distances):
- Mari Pintau: 9 km from the town | shingle beach | crystal clear sea
- Geremeas: 8 km from the town | white beach | crystal clear sea | refreshment stand
- Kala 'e Moru: 7 km from the town | white beach | crystal clear sea | Mediterranean plants
- Genn' e Mari: 4 km from the town | small beach | white sand | crystal clear sea | slipway
- Cann' e Sisa: 4 km from the town | small beach | white sand | crystal clear sea | refreshment stand
- Solanas: the town beach | wide beach with white sand | crystal clear sea | refreshment stand | parking area
Distances (km and itinerary):
. Cagliari port : 36 (SP. 17)
. Olbia port: 326 (Nuoro, Cagliari, SP. 17)
. P.to Torres port: 266 (Sassari - Cagliari - SP. 17)
. Arbatax port: 127 (SP. 17, SS. 125)
. Cagliari airport: 36 (SS. 125)
. Olbia airport: 326 (Nuoro, Cagliari, SP. 17)
. Alghero airport: 283 (Sassari - Cagliari - SP. 17)
:: Shopping: in town you may find: market, grocery stores, newsstand.
:: Facilities: chemist's, first aid station petrol station and tourist offices.
:: Other facilities: diving centre, rubber dinghies for hire, chaise-longs, pedal boats, kiosks.
:: At night: several open-air ice-cream parlours along the coastal road to Cagliari, pubs and american bars, discoes.
:: The town: Solanas is the only town along the road from Cagliari to Villasimius. There is a church.
:: The Coast and the Sea: Solanas surrounds the long beach enlcosed by rocky headlands. There are several houses near the beach, which is long 500 m and ends in the crystal clear water.
:: The area: it's the coastal part of Sarrabus, with small inlets alternating to long beaches. Inland: the Sette Fratelli mountain park, an area with many granite rocks and deep valleys with holm-oaks, cork-trees,conifers. Spectacular rocks for those who love bouldering (climbing on large rocks) and archaeological sites complete the description of tha area.
.: See Rent-Sardinia's houses in Solanas :.